A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

BMW i3 electric car to come with free petrol car

Electric car aficionados may not like to admit it, but range anxiety is a very real phenomenon and still prevents prospective owners taking the electric car plunge. BMW is acutely aware of this and is attempting to reassure potential buyers of its i3 electric car by offering a free petrol-powered loaner model with i3 purchases.

According to Ward’s Auto, the move is designed to reassure potential i3 customers who are holding off buying the vehicle because they occasionally travel distances outside the hatchback’s range. The company believes the i3 will prove suitable for 90 per cent of journeys while the remaining 10 per cent can be covered by the occasional use petrol model.

The petrol car will be included in the i3’s purchase price, but BMW has yet to reveal what type of petrol car will be loaned to i3 buyers, or how many they’ll offer to what proportion of customers. The cost of the i3-plus-petrol-car program is expected to be in the region of $45,000 (£30,150).


Leave a Reply