A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

Mitsubishi i MiEV The EV Urban Queen

It’s no secret I’m enamored with the Mitsubishi i but I try to be as practical and down to Earth as I can when reviewing this remarkable EV. It is simply the best bang for you buck, hands down… so far. The car makes sense at almost any level you look at it, from price to range, to daily operation, it’s easy to live with. The Mitsubishi I MiEV is the EV Urban Queen.

I decided to prove the point that without really knowing or planning as little as possible, I could completely rely on the I MiEV to get me from Long Beach to downtown Los Angeles for an important government appointment. Why is this such a big deal? If you miss an appointment with a Government agency, it sets you back a few months if not a year, so the incentives to get there were high. I just couldn’t miss it. I wanted to make the point that current electric cars, EV are reliable enough and more than meets the demands of over 80% of the US daily commute of 40 miles or less.

I went to Mitsubishi’s CHadMo blazing fast charger that gave me an 80% charge in less than 25 minutes on a battery pack that 80% depleted. I then headed home to finish the rest 20% of the charge on a regular 110V outlet. The only problem I ran into is that my house only has a few grounded outlets. This led to a goose chase trying to figure out which one was grounded. As it turns out, kitchen outlets usually are. The answer to this problem is a $3 device that tests outlets bought at any hardware store. Done deal.


2 comments to Mitsubishi i MiEV The EV Urban Queen

Leave a Reply